Friday, April 15, 2016

Side by side comparisons 4 CT grower..straight from dispensary..




I wanted to see which buds seemed freshest to me.. For whatever reason it really bothered me to get powder dry bud last trip... I do understand they are harvested and packaged at different times, but the curing/ storage process need to stay consistent. If I'm paying top dollar / more than "black market" prices I want the same if not better quality.

I will start by saying the weights were dead on.. Which I thought would be the case.. But just checking anyway. I know seeds were a concern with some of the strains, but none found in any batch

I chose four somewhat comparable strains...3 indica and a hybrid....I stored them overnight with Boveda packs to get the right texture before starting my tests...
After leaving each jar with a boveda pack overnight I decided this morning to do a rosin test... I took a .2 g bud and pressed it with the hair straightener at 240 degrees for 10 seconds..this is called rosin tech/press....I used a hand clamp to get maximum PSI.  For more info check out Nikka T or Mr Nice Guy 420..or Bubblemans world...on you tube...great stuff ..


********************************************************************************
(Listed in order of picture above not by winner)


First in picture is Apalacept t15% by Theraplant..Indica
 strain is a tutti fruiti x blueberry x Bubba kush
First impression bud:  again bud was really dry.. This was the driest of the four tested..(not a huge deal for most people) I put the Boveda pak in overnight bud still not very sticky... hhhmmmm
Scent  ... Off the charts delicious... Really sweet not skunky
Manicure: wispy buds trimmed ok..
Effects: not tested for effects yet....
Rosin test: Failed barely any rosin squirt from bud...

Second:  Hybican 23%  Indica by Connecticut Pharmaceuticals
first impression: scent hit me like a ton of bricks....potent powerful strong delicious scent.still sticky
 strain is Scotts OG .. A cross of Triangle kush x rare dankness #1
Scent: a piney sweet woodsy smell
manicure: perfectly trimmed buds..no leaves at all...
Effects: not tested for effects yet
Rosin test: 2nd place a decent output..


Third : (2g.)  Of Indicol Q..Nicole Kush..21.5% by Advanced Grow Labs
(MK Ultra x Blueberry x  shishkaberry) x Kosher Kush
First impression : biggest/best bud ..dry but sticky
Scent: sweet ..Woody..with a bit of lemony freshness
Manicure: nice great bud size....not tiny buds
Effect: not tested for effects yet
Rosin Test: Winner

Fourth: Blue by Curaleaf 19% ..Blue Dream ..the only hybrid of the group..
Strain: Blue Dream..a blueberry x Sativas haze cross
First impression: sticky well manicured buds
Scent: earthy blueberry sweet smell
Manicure: well done
Effect: not tested for effects yet
Rosin Test: 3rd most rosin produced..not a bad showing..

*********************************************************************************
So my winner for this round of testing is:

1. Advanced Grow Labs...
2.  Connecticut Pharmaceuticals..a close second..
3. Curaleaf
4. Theraplant



I am very disappointed in the Theraplant bud...their concentrates are really good...but this time their bud does.not hold up... I know each batch is different so I will hold out hope for a better bud.

I am not trying to disrespect any growers .. I know it is an extremely difficult process from start to finish but bud should be sticky.

Any question or comments let me know below..


No comments:

Post a Comment